Making Your First Post
If not yet a member of Freedom please read How To Join.
Courtesies and Rules
Before making your first post please carefully read Freedom's Courtesies & Rules as member posting privileges are conditioned on adherence to them. By far, the most frequent member violations are mentioning products by name and language violations. We want young children and their teachers feeling totally comfortable visiting, reading and learning about nicotine dependency. If your word choice isn't suitable for very young children please pick another word. The acceptance letter sent to you when you joined contained a list of sample words to demonstrate and give you a feel of the extent to which this policy is enforced.
A Deadly Serious Forum
Your Initial Posting Options
We do not engage in debate of any kind at Freedom as debate does nothing to further our mission of staying nicotine free today and can tend to be divisive as member opinions vary greatly.
We strongly encourage you to use your first post not only to introduce yourself to us but also as an ongoing recovery diary/journal to which you can always quickly refer in order to accurately measure your progress and healing. It will not only let you create a record of your progress but will allow us to reach into your thinking and lend guidance when needed.
What are your reasons for quitting? What was it like living in chemical slavery?
Our minds are conditioned to suppress memories of stress, pain, and anguish. You will not accurately recall the details of early recovery within just a couple of weeks and your reasons list will likely shrink.
Your detailed list of reasons can serve as a first line of defense during any recovery challenge.
Don't worry about typing skills or spelling as we could care less about such things. There is no class system here and many of our members are from countries where English is not the primary language. Let your guard down and simply be you!
You can expect our members to be as frank and honest as possible in trying to help open your mind and thinking.
It is our mission at Freedom to provide you with information and truth about nicotine addiction and recovery.
your recovery journal/diary:
1. On Freedom's Home page locate the sub-heading Support.
2. Click on The Message Board.
3. On the bottom right corner of the page click on New Topic, which will open up a box for you to write in.
4. Be sure to give your diary/journal a title.
5. Remember to use language that is appropriate for children to read while studying nicotine cessation recovery (often while looking over their loved one's shoulder).
6. Also remember that we do not allow brand or product names, book titles, or any kind of recommendations for products.
7. There is a Preview button for you to use if you'd like and when you're ready just click Post and your diary will show up on the board.
8. Now it's time to make that post! Congratulations on commencing on what just might be the most wonderful journey of your life!
No Nicotine Just One
Challenge & Day at a Time!