This is why I quit:
- Hurt to breathe in that nasty smoke.
- the horrible ODOR in my mouth, on my clothes, in my hair. YUCK YUCK YUCK!
- Yellow tar stained fingers.
- Yellow tar stained teeth (I would go to the dentist for a teeth cleaning every 3 months because of smoking).
- One day, I got a manicure and fill for my acrylic nails. They were beautiful. In the car I put a cigarette in my mouth and lit it with my trusty lighter . Not paying attention and then I smelled something worse than the cigarette. My fingernail was on fire!!! It was very hard to put out and looked terrible. All melted and curled up. It was embarrassing.
- burn holes in clothes.
- Standing in the dang cold so I wouldn't smell up my house.
- The threat of harming my little animals with second hand smoke.
- Having to wash all of my clothes more than I should have too just to get rid of the odor.
- My voice sounded gravelly and I am a pretty good singer
- The gross sound my lungs would make when I would laugh (and I enjoy a good laugh).
- Missing great conversations and quality time with friends and family because I thought I needed a cigarette.
- I used cigarettes as a procrastination device. Became pretty darn lazy.
Oh the list goes on and on. I may add more as days go on. All I know is that I am now 3 weeks quit and totally thrilled. Even being sick feels better than it ever has. (Doc gave me an antibiotic) I am on the mend.
I would love to hear your reasons for putting them down. This could become a great list. I hope for all of you a great day and that you NTAP!