Search this Topic:
Nov 25 08 11:01 PM
November 22, 2008
(Portland AP) A 56-year-old man died when a fire started by a cigarette burned a northeast Portland house that lacked a working smoke detector.
The Portland Fire Bureau says firefighters discovered the victim in a bedroom early Saturday. He was treated for smoke inhalation, but later died at
Legacy Emanuel Hospital.
Investigators blamed the blaze on a smoker's carelessness and said firefighters did not hear alarms from smoke detectors while extinguishing it.
The victim's name has not been released and no damage estimate is available.
Nov 10 09 10:29 PM
Woman Smoking, Dies
When Oxygen Tank Explodes
RIVER GROVE, Ill.
(Sun-Times Media Wire) - Nov 5, 2009 7:15 pm US/Central
A woman died Wednesday night after an oxygen tank exploded while she smoked in her home in west suburban River Grove.
Patricia Populorum, 61, of 8260 O'Connor Dr., was pronounced dead at 10:37 p.m. Wednesday at Gottlieb Memorial
Hospital in Melrose Park, according to a spokesman for the medical examiner's office.
Populorum had been smoking a cigarette while on an oxygen tank for respiratory problems, when the oxygen ignited and
burned her face, according to River Grove Police Chief Rodger Loni.
Populorum's husband called the fire station and fire officials and an ambulance responded at 10:08 p.m., Loni said.
When officials arrived at the residence, the fire was already struck out but Populorum was unconscious with burns to her face and body and her breathing was
A Thursday autopsy determined Populorum died from inhalation injuries from an oxygen tank explosion and chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease, the medical examiner's office said. Her death was ruled an accident.
Sun-Times Media Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2009. All Rights
Source Link - http://cbs2chicago.com/local/river.grove.smoking.2.1295247.html
Thanks to NancyJ (Gold) for bringing this story to our attention!
Nov 11 09 3:49 PM
Apr 11 14 7:03 AM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.